- About Us
- Contacts Directory
- Fund Raisers
- Pioneer Events
- Photo Galleries
- Join or Renew
- Tag Reporting & ODFW Links
About the OHA Pioneer Chapter
OHA Mission: Protecting Oregon’s Wildlife, Habitat and Hunting Heritage
OHA Pioneer Chapter carries out the OHA mission through the following projects:
- Duck Box Maintenance – Several times a year we make trips to various High Cascade lakes to check these box for use, re-supply nesting material as needed and repair or replace duck boxes that are damaged or deteriorated. If usage warrants we also install new boxes to accommodate rising duck populations. This is family oriented and children frequently join their parents on these trips. Duck Box usage is reported to ODFW.
- Water Guzzlers – During the dry months (Summer and early Fall), we make sure that water guzzlers provide water for Central Oregon wildlife. Beginning with our Annual Family Campout, we send work parties to prepare the water guzzlers for the upcoming dry season. Monthly inspection trips, hauling water to the guzzlers that are low and survey for wildlife usage follow the campout. We repair any damage, fill with water and check the bird nesting boxes located on posts around the perimeters. Bird box usage is also reported to ODFW
- Adopt-A-Highway – Pioneer Chapter maintains two sections of Highway 213 in Clackamas County by sending teams to pickup roadside litter from March through November.
- Some of our members participate in habitat restoration projects at Murders Creek and Harts Mountain each year.
- Hunter Education – We support the next generation of hunters through our Annual Youth Day at Canby Rod and Gun Club and Hunter Education courses throughout the year.
- Scholarships – The chapter also sponsors two scholarships. Click here for Application Information.
Pioneer Chapter Officers:
Current Raffle – Drawing at September General meeting
Need not be present to win.
Tickets must be purchased through the mail-in form in the link.
PIONEER CHAPTER MONTHLY MEETINGS
Wednesday, August 5
Wednesday, September 2
Canby Rod & Gun Club @ 7pm
Dinner venue open @ 6pm
GUZZLER PROJECT TRIPS
Saturday, August 15
Saturday, September 12
Meet at Jake’s Restaurant in Bend @ 8am
DUCK BOX ROUTE
Saturday, August 22
Meet at Country Café in Estacada @7am
Saturday, September 12 @ 7am
Meet at Carus School on Highway 213
September 19 & 20
September 26 & 27
Canby Rod & Gun Club
Wednesday, August 26
Wednesday, September 30
TBA @ 7pm
ANNUAL GUZZLER FAMILY CAMPOUT 2021
June 18-20 (Friday – Sunday)
OHA is one of the largest conservation groups in the state of Oregon but we are always looking for new members who are passionate about our hunting heritage. We need your support and value your input. Please join OHA and it will help us to carry out our mission. OHA is made up of over 20 chapters throughout the state. Two ways to join:
1) Click the application link that follows to download an application form, fill it out, and mail it to the OHA state office.
2) Link over to the OHA State website and select from one of the online purchase options.
You can specify a chapter that you would like to join or the OHA state office will assign you to the one that is closest to your mailing address.